Monday, October 18, 2010

It's Prime Tyme For A Picnic !

   Hello!  How do you do?  In high school our house was about two miles away from Midwestern State University, once home of the Dallas Cowboys training camp.  I would go to their practice about once a week to watch and get autographs.  During one of these deathly hot summer days I was among several hundred fans gathered to get signatures when the one and only Deion "Prime Time" Sanders decided to stroll through.  Number twenty-one had just become a newly born-again Christian, a local preacher and was doing us all a favor by signing autographs that day. While making his way down the fence line where his charismatic fans were gathered,  he drove a customized golf cart bumping Christian rap.  Five lucky kids were chosen that day.  As I watched the last autograph being signed I realized I recognized the recipient.  His name was Picnic, short for Richard Escobedo.  I've  always been jealous of him for his super talents, and that damn autograph!  I'm lucky to know this guy.  Below is a link to his "Wolfboy Beat Sampler" he just completed fresh off touring with Erykah Badu.
http://www.picnictyme.com/2010/09/27/test/#more-87 
    Me and my brother were walking to the car but stopped to get the back up kickers signature(who's name escapes me but was very courteous) when Hall of Fame receiver Michael Irvin pulls up in his golf cart.  There are about twenty kids gathered around along with a woman in her early twenties.  He had  a discreet discussion with the girl before declaring, "You can either stay here with these kids....Or get yo mother-fucking-ass in this golf cart with Michael Irvin!"  She chose the later....Duh!  Thanks for reading! I love you! -Drew The View
P.S. What is it about assholes and golf carts?

No comments:

Post a Comment