Saturday, December 11, 2010

You're The Inspiration.........

"Sea Kissed"  www.artbypaulsnyder.com
  
    Hello! How do you do? It's Drew The View! As an artist I'm always searching for inspiration.  I think when you first start your craft, whatever it is, you're just inspired by everything because it's all new.  The hard part is finding it after that. 
    I've been inspiration seeking lately and one place that seems to have me going back is the library. Even if you don't read many books, they have hundreds upon thousands of great films and videos to watch for free.  
    Music is a great source of inspiration for me. I always have some music I'm working on playing in my car to make sure the mix sounds cool on shitty speakers.  When I was a single man I would try to get these girls to rap to it while we were driving.  I'd always try and prompt them...."My name is Drew and I am so hard/ My car is small but my feet are large...."  I knew it was true love when she replied, "Your car is small but it drives real far/ let's take the dough you saved and spend it at the bar!"

www.artbypaulsnyder.com  <---Check Out My Homeboy Paul! He Is Super Talented And Wants To Paint/Draw For You!
    Every job I've had is pretty different from the last, but the attitude amongst my co-workers is very similar.  "Dude our boss is a jerk," "I'm so tired of this place," or "Man I hate Tuesdays." This guy I work with actually said that to me tonight. It was the first thing he says to me all day. "Man. I hate Tuesdays....."  Man. I hate your voice; get away from me with that depressing ass shit! 
    During one of the hottest days this summer I was reluctantly driving into work when I had to slow down at a construction zone. The smell of asphalt was over powering.  I looked up at these poor construction guys working in the heat and in these awful conditions, having the biggest laugh as they watched me in my little car driving by.  I always try and think about those guys when I'm having an off day at work in the air conditioning. 
    People are really the best inspiration for doing anything, I think.  Thank you for reading! I love you! -Drew The View

 "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."  -Robert McCloskey

No comments:

Post a Comment